Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Me & France Engineering

Somewhere in the month of May, I found out that I was offered JPA scholarship for France Engineering. I was shocked to see that. This is because I applied for Engineering Course and was hoping to further my studies to English-speaking countries and a friend of mine who get the similar scholarship was notified months earlier than I was.

Fear came over me as the need to learn a new language is not easy as language has never been my cup of tea. Furthermore, I was not prepared at all to get this course.

With the help of ReCom.org, I found that France Engineering Course has two batches. First batch, the scholars will do their foundation & degree (Masters, if they are lucky) at France and another which is the one I am taking is 20 months of preparatory program before going to France. However, the fear is still there.

July 12 was the day I enrolled in Malaysia France Institute (MFI), the place where I am going to studying my foundation. The first week which is the orientation week has its ups and downs. I met many new friends like Cyril who is an Iban, Akmal Ikhwan the Johorian, Ariff the Selangorian, Ihsan the local Bangi and Hazwan the crazy guy from Seminyih.

Now, after a few weeks, I think I am getting the hang of it. I THINK! As expected, I am slow in picking up French due to the fact that I use my right mind more than my left one. Still, with perseverance, I hope that I will succeed in learning it. Basic Electricity, Physics & Mathematics are interesting. I learn a lot especially in Maths in finding the origin of formulas. Basic Electricty’s pop quiz was kinda tricky.

Whether I will succeed or not, it will be known sooner or later.

UniKL Malaysia France Institute- The Place that I am currently studying at

No comments:

Post a Comment